Management Accountant in Watford.
Salary: ££35k - 40k per year
Job Hours: FullTime
Job Type: Permanent
Management Accountant Job Description:
Our client provides simple, employee-focused solutions designed to boost employee engagement across a variety of sectors in the UK.
As one of the fastest growing companies in the UK, they have grown significantly over the past 3 years and are in the midst of a significant expansion. The development of the Finance function and this latest hire of a credit controller / accounts receivable is a key part in supporting that growth.
They offer an enjoyable working environment and an opportunity to work with a genuinely friendly, highly professional and hard-working team of people. They welcome applications from like-minded people.
- You will have full day to day ownership of the Management Accounts.
- You will have the opportunity to play a key role in developing a robust and scalable finance platform - both systems and processes - to support and enable our continued growth.
- For the right candidate this role offers a rare combination of being able to play a lead role in the organisation's core financial operations together with the opportunity to be involved heavily in Finance Transformation for one of the UK's fastest growing companies.
- Consolidated bookkeeping for all entities including SPVs
- Reconciliation of accounts (ledger Vs support Vs bank)
- Monthly Management accounting
- Consolidated cash flow reporting and control
- Quarterly VAT return
- Annual Published Financial Statements
- Tax Return (not essential)
- Production and analysis of management information pack for Executive Committee and Board
- Assisting in the development of finance processes. We have recently implemented SAGE-50 as well as core processes to deliver the day to day deliverables above. The right candidate has the opportunity to become involved in developing these and making a real contribution to the way the department is run.
- Help establish and maintain robust controls, accounting policies and best practice within the finance team.
The company seeks a Management Accountant who demonstrates the following:
- ACCA, CIMA or ACCA: Newly qualified with a minimum 5 years’ related (accounting and finance function) experience.
- Minimum 3 years in a management accounting function
- Strong technical accountant
- Excellent Excel skills and proficient in the general use of MS Office
- Value systems and have a demonstrable track record of enhancing processes and continuous process improvement.
- Ability to liaise confidently with a variety of clients
- Proactive, a hard worker and thrive in a growing, changing environment.
- Organised, structured approach to tasks yet able to juggle multiple deliverables
- Ability to think originally and creatively
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Experience in Sage 50 Accounting
In addition to a competitive salary, the successful candidate for this position will be rewarded with a range of benefits including:
- 30 days holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays), with an additional day’s leave for each year of service capped at a max of 33 days per annum.
- Pension scheme
- Free lunch paid for by the company. £5 per person per working day.
- Company Summer and Christmas events
- Discounts across a range of items, i.e. cinema, eating out, shopping, days out, gym memberships, travel.
- Free access to an online GP and prescription service
If you are interested in this Management Accountant position based in Hertfordshire, please click apply now for immediate consideration!