Accounts Assistant in Leicester.
Salary: £Market related
Job Hours: FullTime
Job Type: Permanent
Accounts Assistant Job Description:
About the Company
My Client is an ambitious company working from a new modern office in Leicester City Centre. They are a business with a fun, vibrant, and friendly office that promotes personal development and recognises employees for their hard work and contribution.
They work towards empowering companies and entrepreneurs alike. Their hands-on approach aims to give their clients the means to expand their businesses, ultimately creating viable avenues to gain an industry advantage. They are an innovative fast-moving organisation and they invest and acquire companies with high-growth potential. Their team has many years of experience successfully buying companies and helping them grow.
That's where you come in...
They are looking for a pro-active Finance Assistant to join their growing Company to support their day-to-day transactional processes. The successful candidate will assist the Finance Manager in managing, processing and troubleshooting various accounts and transactions for acquired group companies.
You will also support with monthly and year end reporting. You will be a key part of the team ensuring all statutory and compliance matters are dealt with (e.g, VAT and tax returns). Ultimately, you'll help maintain the Company's financial health and make sure they use their resources wisely.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Processing of sales invoices and receipts
- Obtaining cost approvals in-line with procedure
- Processing of purchase invoices and payments
- Preparing and posting of journals (including accruals and prepayments)
- Maintaining fixed asset registers
- Completing month end balance sheet reconciliations
- Assisting the Finance Manager in obtaining explanations to variances versus prior year and budget
- Provide administrative support during budget process
- Collect and enter data for various financial spreadsheets
- Adhere to the company's financial policies and procedures
- Answers question and provide assistance to stakeholders, customers, and clients as needed
- Attend finance department and company-wide meetings, sometimes assisting with financial reporting to managers and senior executives
- Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reductions
- Maintaining internal records as required, including input into databases and systems, the maintenance of office records and filing systems. Ensuring compliance with data protection and freedom of information requirements
- Any other ad hoc duties to support the Finance Manager and CFO
- Experience as a Finance Assistant or similar role
- Good knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Advanced MS Excel skills (creating spreadsheets and using financial functions)
- Familiarity with accounting software (e.g. Sage & Xero)
- Exceptional attention to detail, strong organisational abilities and demonstrable written communication skills
- Being a team player who will thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative atmosphere
- Ability to multi-task as the Company manages the financial affairs of group entities
The Company has significant plans to grow, so it is likely at times that you will be asked to attend other sites, this could involve acquisition related field work.
Our client likes to make sure their employees are well looked after. That's why within their employment contract they offer a variety of perks. With them, you'll have (in addition to your salary) a huge bundle of high street discounts, gym membership savings, access to medical support if needed, and more.